Monday, March 03, 2008

MARATHON SHOPPING

This weekend began and ended with both Char and I exhausted. I have been slammed at work and as soon as I got off I had to go fix a friend's dryer then I promptly came home and feel asleep while Char held my head and we discussed what to get for supper. An hour later she woke me and I had drooled on her shirt. So we went to get a burger.

Saturday we woke early and left for Jackson, MS. It is about 1.5 hrs away. We met my mom, stepdad, and foster bother there to shop. We went shopping for 11hrs!!! It was our first really baby shopping adventure. We have bought a crib and that is about it. Which I know is a big item but really we have been at a loss on what to buy until we find out what we are having. So this weekend we bought:

  • 1 changing table pad
  • 1 chicco front carrier
  • 4 packs of lap/ burp pads
  • 1 matteress pad
  • 1bassinet pad
  • 1 swaddle me thingie
  • 1backpack diaper bag (totally awsome...char may have to get her a frilly one)
  • 2 changing pad covers
  • 1 baby tub
  • AND MY FAVORITE...we built the bay bay a bear!!!

That was my favorite part. We made him floppy. We bought a couple of books about the first year and my favorite game. Then we went to the hotel and played it until 1 am. We also picked out the carseat and stroller we want and will prolly make another trip over to see my mom and buy them on the trip because there is almost 5% difference in sales tax.

Of course while shopping I did spot the lcd flat panel tv I want...but it didn't make it into the cart. oh well.

We find out what we are having on March 12th. So I will keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

R said...

Wow! The time has gone by so quickly. Can't wait to find out what ya are having!! SO EXCITING!!