Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dream a little dream

As I laid down with Char for a nap this afternoon started to imagine how I would act if Char went into labor. Our neighbor said this last month really drags by. . . He was so right. I thought about who I would really call first. You know, you have all of these people that are like, "make sure you call us first." Why do they want to be called first? What makes them feel like they should be called first? Then I thought to my self..."self....who will you call first?" This may seem like a completely insane question to many of you...well probably to none of you because I a beginning to think no one out there reads my blog anymore. But most of you would probably say I know I would call my mom first or fill in the blank...Well I thought about it and I probably will call my mom first but the reason I even had to think about it was because NONE of our family lives near us. For just a bit I thought ...I will probably call my boss first to let him know I wont be there for the next two weeks at least. Because it will take my mom 4 hrs to get here and Char's parents 1.5 hrs. And how many friends do I really want crowding around up there? I almost want to call no one except my mom and her's and not tell anyone else and bottle those fleeting moments and take hold of them between just me and char and our beautiful child and not share them with anyone who may disappoint us or not hold them as special as we will. It is almost like the way I think of "having a threesome" I would never ever ever do that because those moments Charlene and I share together are to wonderful and precious I would never share that. Do I want to share these. Not that I don't want anyone at all there but this is about us me and char and our family growing. I don't know if I want to run down the hall every 15 mins and give updates. I just want to be with the wonderful amazing woman I love and experience this with her to the fullest extent of every moment.

Don't step into my conversation and think you know something because you have no idea! That is what I want to tell people sometime. You can get over whatever you chose to get over and just because you chose no to get over it doesn't mean that for the rest of your life you have the right to go around comparing everything that happens to everyone else to you and your life and feelings about what you will not get over. Shit just get over it already. For the rest of my life I don't want to hear about it whenever something happens in my life.

1 comment:

Holly said...

It's getting so close! how exciting! You will be awesome when Char's in labor. And you'll totally forget who you decided to call when it comes time. You will want to call everyone in the free world and then decide you need sleep and don't want to see much of anyone! LOL!!!
Good luck!