Monday, September 15, 2008

holding her head up

She is on my desk in my office doing some tummy time. LOL!!! I am putting her to work already...yeah right.

She has started to definitely smile in response to being talked to. I talked to her for about five to ten minutes straight with her sitting on the desk in front of me and she just smiled and looked at me.

Last night we had her in the tub and she looked over at the silver tub drain thing and saw her reflection in it and reached for the lever sticking out of it. I really think this was a coincident but it was pretty cool.

We started trying to use a pacifier here and there. We read that they reduce the risk of SID immensely but she spits it out after a bit so I don't know. We aren't really thrilled about using it anyway. I guess we will just see how it all goes.

She has had this rash on her face, under her chin, on the side of her neck and upper chest for almost 2 weeks now. We took her to the doc and he said for Char to lay off dairy for 1 week and gave us a can of stuff to rub on her rash it is in a can and comes out like mouse. So we did this for tues, wed, thurs, and fri and it really did NOT look much better. So then Char recalls patients getting a similar reaction to medication and thinks the rash started about the same time we started giving the prescription gas meds. So Friday we stopped those and her cheeks look somewhat better but it is still on her neck. To me it looks almost like welts. This is breaking my heart because I keep thinking they have to be irritating to her. A few days she ran a very low grade temp but even thought it was a low grade one she was still so clingy and poopy. She even whimpered. I thought I was going to cry one day when her and Char came to eat lunch with me so they promptly left after we finished eating.

Hopefully it is a reaction to the meds and it will go away soon because we were going to get photos made and she has the crazy looking stuff on her face.

Well back to work I guess.

No comments: